Monday, 4 February 2013

More about the boiler

The day the central heating engineer took the old boiler out and installed the new one, I discovered gumtree.com and immediately placed an advertisement to sell the old boiler.  I had quite a lot of responses, but they all just fizzled out, even ones where we'd agreed a price.

So about a week ago I refreshed the ad (for a fiver you can make the ad 'featured', which means it floats up to the top of the list from time to time) and a nice man from North Lincolnshire phoned me.  Once again we agreed a price but this time he actually turned up with his money and took the boiler away, so we're all happy.

My real desire was to find the boiler a good home, rather than try to make a lot of money from it, and I think I've succeeded.  I really didn't want to take it to the recycling centre.  I don't like throwing perfectly good stuff away.

No comments: