Wednesday, 1 February 2012

New Jewellery for Jenny

A couple of years ago I made Jenny a silver pendant with a garnet in the middle, and she was pretty pleased with it, but then a while later, asked if I could make her some matching earrings.  I was a bit reluctant to do this, as I'd struggled somewhat with the pendant, and even though I knew I could compromise on the design, I thought I was likely to struggle with the earrings.  Didn't I just!  Here they are.

Any number of things went wrong, and the evidence is there to see, but fortunately, few people actually look closely at the jewellery other people are wearing, so the chances are, no-one else will notice!

I started them yesterday afternoon, and have spent the whole of this afternoon finishing them.  It seemed as though each time something went wrong, it wasn't just that what I was trying to do didn't work, it then left solder squidged over what was supposed to be a shiny, polished surface.  So that had to be filed and sanded off, then the surface repolished, before I could have another go.  It was frustrating, and I'm very glad to have actually finished them.  There was a time when I thought I'd have to come back to them on Friday.

Fortunately, in jewellery terms, Jenny is easy to please, so I'm confident the flaws won't bother her.

1 comment:

Jennyta said...

They are lovely, Rob, simple and elegant and Jenny is a lucky lady. :)