Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Restoring riverine environments

This is really good news, even though the river concerned is far away.

I've been really busy of late, so haven't had much time to check out my usual favourite blogs.  I have a few sculptures going on exhibit in a local solicitors office in the High Street next week, and they're not all finished, though they will be!

This video was posted by PZ Myers some time ago, but I've only just seen it.  I'm not against all dams, but I do know quite a few were built for rather dubious reasons and without much thought for the local wildlife, so when someone decides a dam has to go, it's really gratifying to watch the time-lapse video of the destruction.  I hope someone posts a second video showing it taken through to complete removal, as this one only goes so far.

No comments: