Monday, 6 June 2011

Choir 18 in St Edmundsbury Cathedral

On Saturday, we sang with Choir 18 in St Edmunsbury Cathedral, and once more, acquitted ourselves well.  We did a short, lunchtime recital, then had the afternoon off, before singing Choral Evensong at 5.30.  It was a lovely day and everyone seemed very pleased.

Sadly, I was timed by a policeman at 96mph on the way home.  He was very civilised about it, and didn't actually seem to take it at all seriously, but even so, I have the fixed penalty notice which is going to cost me £60 and my licence will be returned with 3 points added, which is a bit of a bugger, actually.

2 comments:

Jennyta said...

Oh dear, sad indeed, Rob. Don't ever drive into North Wales - they hide in horse boxes to catch you speeding up here! (It was in the papers, so it must be true...)

Rob Clack said...

Well, I've always driven fast, and the last speeding ticket I collected in 1976, so I can't really complain!