Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Traces of modern civilisation in stone

I have often wondered how we might leave a clue of what we were about in case we manage to wipe ourselves out, and have never thought up anything remotely likely.  This Discover blog has found someone who has!

I think the idea is simply brilliant, but sadly, the execution leaves me cold.  It looks as though the artist, Kevin Sudeith, has used an angle grinder, which I'd suggest is not an ideal tool for fine work.

On the other hand, at least some of his works seem to be done in granite, which is bloody hard and would certainly keep me busy with my hammer and chisel.  Actually, I doubt I could do anything this good at all, but I still wish he'd managed to achieve smoother edges.

Maybe if he worked on a much bigger scale...

No comments: