Monday, 28 June 2010

This squirrel doesn't know he's on the menu!!


Being a gentleman of leisure, on Friday I was sitting on the patio soaking up a few rays while reading Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle when I heard a scurrying sound. Looking up, I saw a very young grey squirrel, sharing the patio with me. It was as fearless as the animals in the Galapagos, and just carried on doing whatever it was it wanted to do, aware I was there, but not seeing any threat.

In this it was justified in fact, since it was far too small to make anything more than a light snack. I'll wait until the autumn before catching it!

And I apologise for the black panel you see here instead of the first frame of the movie. I visited the Blogger help forum and it seems Blogger broke this in about February and they've not bothered to fix it. No idea why. It still plays OK if you click it, just looks naff.

No comments: