Thursday, 10 June 2010

Now you're talking!

After a week or so of looking out at a blue tree that really wasn't the way I wanted it, I finally left a message for the tree surgeon the other night. I do think I didn't express my original requirements precisely enough, so was prepared to pay a bit more to get it done properly. I heard nothing.

But today, when I came home from work, there it was, almost perfect. If I'd been here while he was doing it, I'd have asked him to shorten that one branch sticking up top right, but apart from that, I'm delighted with it.

So I've left him a message saying so and asking how much I owe him. Be nice if he says "Nothing" but I'm quite willing to cough up a bit more.

I did have a tiny go at it myself at the weekend, but it's more difficult than it looks. You can climb up the branches, but then to reach to the ends is quite a stretch and I didn't get far before deciding discretion was the better part of valour!

No comments: