Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Late spring? What late spring?

The other day I took this photo of the wild plum tree growing at the far end of our garden. We just love it when the tree breaks out into snowy white blossom, but this year it seemed especially poignant as it seemed so much later than usual.

So over the weekend I actually got around to checking just how late it really was. In 2006 I pointed the camera out of my dressing room window most weekends and took a shot to record what the garden was doing that week, so this became a perfect reference for comparison.


And the answer, I know you'll be fascinated to learn, is that the second shot here was taken on 1st April, 2006. So as far as our white tree is concerned, this spring is timed exactly the same as that of 2006. There. You weren't expecting that, were you?

No comments: