Wednesday, 31 March 2010

No thank you, Miss Dahl!

We watched "The Delicious Miss Dahl" for the first time last night, and I think it'll be the last, too. Admittedly the food did look seriously tempting, particularly the shepherds' pie, and the scrambled egg with smoked salmon on buckwheat blinis has to go on the list of must-try breakfasts. We have a rather limited palate of cooked breakfasts, and are constantly on a rather low-level lookout for new things to try.

However, like Nigella Lawson in her second series, Sophie Dahl was altogether too coy for words, and although I did enjoy looking down her blouse, the fact is that must have been scripted and was completely out of place. Call me old-fashioned, but if I want to see a girl's tits, I'm not going to look for them on a cookery programme.

Might buy the book, mind you.

No comments: