Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Don't make us pay for crazy Uncle Ratzi's tour!

Personally, I think this pope is bad news, what with his ridiculous claims that condoms promote the spread of AIDS, amongst numerous other absurdities, but not everyone agrees with me. Now he wants to tour the UK and he's welcome, though I'd prefer it if he'd not proselytize his particular brand of idiocy. Not going to win that one either, so not going to lose any sleep over it.

What I object to, however, is that the UK gummint will subsidise the trip to the tune of £20 million. If he wants to come here, let him pay for his own holiday, or if he can persuade UK catholics to pay, then fine, but I don't see why I should pay.

If you agree, please sign the National Secular Society's petition to Downing Street to not give this nasty piece of work any of our cash.

No comments: