Sunday, 2 November 2008

Unbelievably lucky (and skilled) pilot

I guess this must be available on YouTube, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Just astonishing.
Edit: Ah, the lads at work say it's computer generated. Shame. I was really impressed up until that point!
video


And in other news, I'm very proud of having won DJ Kirkby's Wordless Wednesday award! Thank you DJK!

Tonight, it being Jenny's birthday tomorrow, I'm cooking her a special birthday meal. Well truthfully, I'm sure she'll do some of the cooking, though I'll be wearing the chef's hat.

To start with, seared scallops, probably with sage and capers, maybe with a spoonful of lentils.
Then slow-roasted duck with sour cherry sauce, roasted potatoes, some combination of carrots, cauliflower, broccoli.
For pud bubbling plum and orange compote.

Not sure what we'll drink with it. There's some nice Chablis downstairs, as well as a rather heavily-oaked South African chenin blanc. Also some decent Crozes-Hermitage blanc, so we'll need to get down there and choose.

For the red it will probably be Klein Constantia Marlbrook, which is Jenny's favourite, but equally might be a Warwick Trilogy or a Vergelegen. We'll see, but whatever we choose, we should get it upstairs in the kitchen reasonably soon so it comes up to room temperature. I don't mean to say it'll take that long, just that if I don't do it while I think of it, I could forget and then I'd have to microwave it (shudder!).

Hopefully Jane, Lorna and Richard will appear around 9 to round off the evening.

2 comments:

Can Bass 1 said...

Jolly well done, Mr Click. By the way, you're 'it' (as it were).

Rob Clack said...

Thank you, CB1. I'll think about 'it' when I get home, though I'm not as good at crossword clues as you evidently are!