Sunday, 26 October 2008

Chronological incompetence

They say you shouldn't mock the afflicted, and I suppose that in general I'd agree with that sentiment, but on this occasion I'm going to make an exception.

As I said in my previous post, we're feeding Lorna and Richard this evening, but what we're doing is either prepared already or will take no time at all to do, so once we'd finished in the garden (netting the ponds, mostly, to keep autumn leaves out) we came indoors for a cup of tea and a little time to relax and read before starting to prepare dinner.

Around 5:45 the doorbell went. What the hell? I thought. To my astonishment, it was Lorna and Richard, all kitted up and ready for the evening. They'd put their clocks forward instead of back, so as far as they were concerned, it was 7.45. They'd got up an hour earlier this morning, instead of an hour later.

And as Jenny pointed out, they must not have had a radio or TV on at all during the day, or they'd surely have noticed.

Anyway, we're getting ready as fast as we can and we'll ring them when it's OK for them to reappear.

Daft or what?!

Of course, I never make stupid mistakes, ever.

2 comments:

Can Bass 1 said...

Well, splendid. Absolutely splendid. Someone who has neither radio nor TV on for an entire day!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

How funny! I did something similar years ago, and still laugh about it now.
Odd to think of not having the radio or TV on all day though - after all the world could have ended... M :-)