Thursday, 27 March 2008

So Little Time

I just wanted to post this as an apology to everyone who's blog I normally visit and who visit mine, as I've been frantically busy at work and have had very little time at home either, to either post or visit blogs. Normally at work I get a bit of time each day when I can blog, but over the past several weeks there's been much less than usual, and then last week, when I had a slack period, we had no internet access for most of the week.

That started a few weeks ago when some sympathetic souls stole several hundred metres of copper cable from underneath a street somewhere near work, thereby depriving our ISP of all communications. Which somehow threw an unacceptable load on a computer within our building, causing sulks lasting weeks. This week, for the first time in several, we have normal internet access, but this week I'm back to frantic. Of course.

And at home there has been an absurd number of meals out (yes, last time I weighed myself I was 4lbs up!) as well as theatre visits and all sorts of other stuff. And I think next week we start extra rehearsals for the (other choir) visit to Venice in May, so it'll get busier yet!

This week's excitement was the Birmingham Rep's production of She Stoops to Conquer at the Cambridge Arts Theatre, which was simply brilliant. I seem to recall that they're touring the country, so if you get the chance to go, I really recommend it. Colin Baker and Liza Goddard you expect to be great, but actually, the whole cast are superb. Definitely worth the effort.

1 comment:

Sparx said...

What is it with copper theft? Apparently it's happening all over Vancouver as well. I didn't think copper was that rare or expensive?