Tuesday, 5 February 2008

No time, no time!


Well I probably won't have much time for blogging tonight after all, so I'll just post a photo of me at work on Christmas Eve, 2005. This is the outfit I'll be wearing to collect my Excellent Blogger gong from DJKirkby, probably tomorrow night. Sadly, you don't get to see its entire magnificence, but you get the gist. Below the waist was a rather short, dark blue skirt, black fishnet tights and grey trainers. I think I look rather fetching.

I'll have more time for posting tomorrow night because Jenny is off to Denmark tomorrow. I think the taxi picks her up a 05:15. I did offer to drive her, but fortunately she told me not to be so daft. She's back on Friday.

Thursday evening we've been invited by a Chinese restaurant we often eat in, to go for a meal to celebrate the Chinese New Year. And in case you're wondering, we're seeing out the Year of the Pig and welcoming in the Year of the Rat. Jenny won't be there, of course, but Lorna and Richard will, and also Julia, though Peter will be away, and is deservedly in the dog house.

5 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Very fetching indeed, lol. Why is Peter in the doghouse? Because he is away?

Rob Clack said...

Sorry, I was sufficiently pushed for time I didn't really review the post. Peter was supposed to be there on Thursday, and had promised that his work would not keep him away. In the event, his work will indeed keep him away.

Peter 'retired' a year or two ago, but almost immediately got involved in a startup company and is now working harder than ever. Work seems to take him to Dublin and Leeds rather a lot.

Sparx said...

OOh very charming! I loved it that at the airport yesterday all the Chinese airlines had decorations up. A good time of year to order from one's local Chinese restaurant as there's always a New Year's goody in the bag!

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Lovely wig, Rob, it looks very good on you. In fact you look vaguely familiar...
M xx

Pondside said...

I'd say you might need the services of a personal shopper!!
I had a Happy New Year note from a Chinese friend to wish me a happy Year of the Golden Mouse - doesn't that sound much nicer than year of the Rat?