Thursday, 7 February 2008

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Happy (Chinese) New Year to you all! We've been invited to the celebrations at a local Chinese restaurant where we often eat, so will be off shortly. I've no idea what to expect, but am hoping for some food and wine! I must stay sober enough not to try to say "Gung Hay Fat Choy!" to them, since I don't know the correct intonation, and will probably end up saying "Your mother is an elderberry. " Be interesting to see who else turns up. Jenny will have to make do with Danish salami and mustard, I expect, washed down with lager.

Last night I finally finished the most recent Harry Potter book, which I found didn't push my buttons the way most of the previous ones, especially the first few, did. It all seemed a bit formulaic, and very, very long. So I'll not be putting that on my Recent Good Reads list.

Next up is John Preston's The Dig, which is an account of the excavation of the Sutton Hoo Viking burial ship.

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I wouldn't be shy of trying out your Chinese on the Chinese. I love it humans like Davy Attenborough try to mimic our grunts. It's so funny!

DJ Kirkby said...

I agree with you about the most recent HP! I am reviewing 'The Suicide Shop' at the moment. It is interesting. I will do a post about it at some point. Hope you enjoyed your food, I am hungry now!