Tuesday, 4 December 2007

Finally, another pebblehead!

Jenny brought me back this pebble from Nova Scotia when she was there in the summer, and I've had a pretty good idea what I was going to do with it, ever since she put it into my hand. However, it turned itself into a Mandrill, which wasn't quite what I had in mind. Still pretty pleased with it! Shame the first photo is a bit blurry.


I'll probably do a bit more tidying up before I mount it on a stand like the rest, but not too much, I think. I like it pretty well the way it is.

6 comments:

Anna said...

I love your pebbleheads! They are funky. :)

Are they hard to make?

I guess what I mean is, could I, with no sculpting experience, make one?

Rob Clack said...

Thank you, Anna. I think you could easily do this. I had not sculpting experience once :) and have had no training.

You'd need an electric engraving tool like the one I use. Mine is a Burgess and looks a little like this, and cost, iirc, about £25. And earplugs!

I did try using hammer and chisel once, but found it very difficult to hold the pebble still while carving it.

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Lovely face - almost human. M xx

DJ Kirkby said...

I absolutly love your pebble head! Too amazing...I was born in Nova Scotia which makes this post even more interesting for me. Hey, you ever considered selling your pebble heads?

Polgara said...

Thanks for the comments, popped by for another look, love the pebbleheads
Pol x

Rob Clack said...

So glad you all like the pebbleheads! All my stuff is for sale, DJK. The pebbleheads are GBP 45 each. R