Thursday, 15 November 2007

Free Google translation service

If you look to your right you'll see a new gadget, being the new Google translation service. Select a language, press the tit and after a pause the blog reappears translated into an approximation of the spraak you sproke. (Must be under a lot of stress; I'm making up words!) You can download it from translate.google.com (click the Tools link) or apparently directly via the gadget itself.

Of course, being a software translation, the most entertaining thing is to go to translate.google.com, paste some English in, translate it to some other language, copy the translation back into the first window and translate it back into English. I did it for one of my blog postings, which came back comprehensible, but in a French accent. Small things.

Of course, you have to wonder why, since both of my readers are native English speakers, I would want to do that.

No comments: