Friday, 30 November 2007

An Apology

To the lady in the black Golf, whom I overtook (along with several others) in the queue of cars following the dustcart being trailered away from the crash-site in Orwell this morning.

Yes, you're quite right, I should have waited my turn. I'm sorry, it was discourteous to jump the queue like that. My (lame) excuse is that I thought the front car looked unlikely to go for it, and I didn't want to be stuck at 40mph all the way to the M11.

Of course, my assessment was wrong in almost all respects. Believe me, I do try.

Sigh.

4 comments:

ziggi said...

how d'you know what she was thinking???

Rob Clack said...

I looked in my mirror as I dived into the gap in front of her, and noticed a certain amount of handwaving and gesticulating.

Rob Clack said...

Actually, to clarify my previous remark, I saw her waving her arms about, and interpreted that as an indication that she was less than impressed at my performance. Hmmm, where have I heard that before?

Rob Clack said...

No, it's too late and I've had too much wine. Just speculate and amuse yourselves!