Sunday, 7 October 2007

Mega breakfast!

Boil some potatoes. I used Maris Piper. While that's happening, dice and fry some smoked streaky bacon. If you feel like putting in some mushrooms, do. Add some chopped rosemary and thyme. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and crush roughly. You're not aiming for smooth mash here. Add the potatoes to the pan with the bacon. You may need to add a drizzle of olive oil. Mix it all up and press it down a bit, and turn the heat up. You're aiming for some crispy bits of potato, so you'll need to stir it from time to time. Meanwhile, fry a couple of eggs. When the potato looks about right, serve it, with the softly fried eggs on top. Mega!

5 comments:

Anna said...

Yum!!

I think I'd add green peppers to that, but then I add green peppers to everything!!

Rob Clack said...

That sounds like a good idea. I'll remember that next time!

ArcticFox said...

I think a poached egg might have been superior too!!

FoX

headless chicken said...

Mmmmm.....hungry now!
Just to let you know that my blog is now invite only but I need an email address (with @ in it ) to add you. My email address is ede.hq@virgin.net
HC.

Rob Clack said...

Thanks for inviting me, HC. I'll email you directly. RC