Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Blog Action Day 2007

October 15th is Blog Action Day in which bloggers are encouraged to tackle issues of the environment in a variety of ways, but particularly by blogging a relevant post.

I plan to post something about grey squirrel control in the UK, as that's quite close to my heart right now. The event also encourages us to donate to a relevant charity, and I've been in touch with UK Red Squirrel Group in the hope I can donate to them. They are a sort of umbrella group which received some lottery money last year, but only about half of what they need.

If you're concerned about the environment, please join in, write an environmental post, but most importantly, publicise the event. There's an awful lot of bloggers out there who could send a very powerful message!

7 comments:

Dave Lucas said...

Hello! I've made a logo with the date on it available here:
http://dave-lucas.blogspot.com/2007/10/blog-action-day-2007-logo.html

Rob Clack said...

Thanks Dave! I hope to put it in the right hand column, but so far haven't found a way to make it stick.

Sally Lomax said...

It's a really good idea. I have a little hobby horse which I may write about, and taht is the seriously bad use of public transport and the extortionate cost of it. This in turn makes people use thier cars far more than they should have to.... More to follow on 15th!

Rob Clack said...

Go for it, Sally. You're absolutely right. Public transport must be cheap, frequent and get you there within a reasonable time, for it to be competitive. Else it doesn't suck any of us in.

DJ Kirkby said...

Darn! read this too late to include it on today's post. Next post is on Sunday will def put up something about it then. What I came here to say was... DAH, dah, DAAAAAHHHHH! You are a winner!

DJ Kirkby said...

p.s. I've jsut added DL's html to my post for Sunday and no logo appears, it just shows up as a url.

Rob Clack said...

Yes, I'm having problems, too. I'll try to sort it out tomorrow.