Tuesday, 17 July 2007

The traveller returns

Well Air Canada was super-prompt in both directions, though I gather the food was less impressive. Then the overhead power lines (train) were down between Hitchin and Letchworth, so the passengers were taxied onward. Jenny got home at midday.

She'd had two really good days collecting, and returned with a number of slabs bearing small foot-prints, but sadly no bones. The price she paid was sunburnt neck and ears and numerous insect bites, including one on her left eye-lid, causing much localised swelling and slight discoloration. Looked as though she'd been smacked in the eye. I had a plaintive phone call at work asking me to pick up some antihistamine cream, which seems to have helped a little. Overall, she was delighted with the trip and hopes to go back next year. In which case I plan to go with her. Only I'll take sun block and Deet!

Choir practice was fun. It's become a tradition over the years to hold the last one before the cathedral week at Dick's house. We just run quickly through some of the stuff for the first day, then slide into party mode.

The actual week doesn't start until nearly the end of August, but the school hols start next week, I think, so we don't tend to rehearse between now and then. It was very pleasant to stand around nattering, and then when Jane dropped us off, Jenny and I finally had some time to actually chat about her trip and I could tell her everything I'd been getting up to.

3 comments:

Eden said...

just found your blog and enjoying it, especially the one about being stupid with cards -- I thought I was the only one!

Rob Clack said...

It's one of my major skills, being stupid! Natural talent, developed over the years by dedicated practice!

Elsie Button said...

bloody trains! it gives me a headache just thinking about it. glad jenny had a good trip...